We want to make sure that you have all the tools you need to be successful in your
academic career at Saint Louis University’s School for Professional Studies. We understand
it's a challenge to work, spend time with your family and friends, and go to school
all at the same time.
But we also know that you can do it. We are here to help you every step of the way.
New Student Checklist
- Attend new student orientation. These are offered before the start of each term, both
on campus and online for your convenience.
- Check your course registration in Banner Self-Serve each term. Because we allow online
students to register for an entire year, it can be difficult to keep track of your
- Use your academic plan as a reference for required courses. Course prerequisites will
be listed below each course. After you complete a course, mark your grade and the
semester in which you took the course.
- Obtain a University ID card through Parking and Card Services in DuBourg Hall. While
not mandatory for online students, several buildings on campus including the library
require your student a university issued ID card for entry.
- Make sure you’ve fulfilled all online requirements and are able to access your classes.
Additional links and information about our campus in St. Louis, Missouri and student
resources to help you get the most out of your time at SLU.
- St. Pius XII Memorial Library
- Career Services
- Simon Recreation Center
- Student Health Center
- Disability Services
- SLU Barnes & Noble Bookstore
Whether you need textbooks for a class or just a good book to read, you can find it
at the SLU Bookstore — along with computer accessories, school supplies and all sorts
of Billiken gear.
- Emergency and Inclement Weather Notifications
To check for University closing due to weather, natural disaster or other calamity,
call 314-977-SNOW (7669). Cancellations due to winter weather also will be announced
through most local TV and radio stations, as well as SLU’s social media.
- Parking and Card Services
If you need to visit campus, limited parking is available directly behind Brouster
Hall, located at 3840 Lindell Blvd. A larger surface lot, "Holy Cross," is located
half a block south of Lindell on Vandeventer Avenue, and an additional surface lot,
"Seattle," is located at the southwest corner of Vandeventer and West Pine. Limited
metered street parking is also available. For information on parking permits for these
lots, including semester and annual rates, visit Parking and Card Services, or call
- Public Safety
The University Department of Public Safety's uniformed security officers will provide
a free escort to students' cars upon request. The phone number for DPS is 314-977-3000.
Most of the campus parking lots have well-marked outdoor telephones with direct lines
to DPS. A direct line is also located on the east wall of the lower level platform
at the Grand Avenue Metrolink station.
- School for Professional Studies Student Handbook