- Services and Products
- Academic Resources
- NEW Academic Resources
- Blackboard Learn
- Tegrity Lecture Capture
- Fuze Meeting
- Fuze Meeting Policies & Guidelines
- Fuze Meeting Basics
- Advanced Fuze Meeting
- Fuze Enabled Classrooms
- Comparison of Tegrity and Fuze Meeting
- Wimba Classroom
- Wimba Voice Tools
- Campus Pack
- Blue Course Evaluations
- SurveyDIG Online Course Evaluation System
- Web-based Survey Tools
- Activity Insight
- Administrative Systems & Services
- Advanced Technology
- Classroom Technology
- Clinical Information Systems
- Departmental Hardware Purchases
- Departmental Software Purchases
- Gartner IT Library
- Google Apps & Listserv Technology
- Internet & Network Services
- ITS Projects and Plans
- Multimedia Services & Computer Labs
- Office 365
- Office 365
- Research Technology
Fuze is a web-conferencing and real-time collaboration tool that can be accessed using the Fuze client for your computer, tablet, or smartphone. With Fuze a Host can create a virtual meeting space for others to collaborate with one another from anywhere in the world. Features like Content Sharing, Desktop/Screen Sharing, and HD Video, make Fuze meeting a great tool to use for classroom activity as well as administrative purposes.
- Fuze Overview
- How to Get Your Fuze Account
- How to Install the Fuze Client
- Fuze Account Features
- Training Information
- Need Help? Fuze Support
Fuze provides powerful features to display and share the following with others:
- Your audio, and the audio of your online participants (if enabled)
- Your HD video, and the Rich media content such as HD videos and high-resolution images
- Documents such as PowerPoint presentations and PDF files
- Your computer's entire screen/desktop for demonstrating tools, collaborating with participants on a document or Excel spreadsheet, or whatever your teaching or discussion needs require.
See what SLU faculty, staff and students are saying about Fuze!
All SLU faculty, staff and students are able to create their own Fuze account in one of these two ways:
- Launch the Fuze client and log in using your SLU email address and password to create your Fuze account.
- Go to https://www.fuze.com and click 'Login' in the top-right corner of the page. You can then create your account using your SLU email address and password.
- Requests for generic or shared Fuze accounts are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Please review the policies for managing a shared Fuze account on the Fuze Meeting Policies & Guidelines for the requirements and request process.
For your SLU-managed Windows PC:
- Please request the Fuze client installation from your IT Service Desk, since the installation now requires administrator rights on the computer.
- Please note: The New Fuze for Windows client requires the Microsoft .NET 4.5 Framework to be installed on your computer. Some other SLU systems require an older version of the .NET Framework, such as IDX, so the Fuze client should not be installed on these computers.
For your personal computer, phone, or tablet:
- Visit the Fuze Download page at www.fuze.com/download to install the currently available Fuze client, or app, for your device.
Students receive a Pro account. Faculty and staff receive an Enterprise account. The table below lists the features available by account type. Not sure what type of Fuze account you have? Check the Fuze FAQs for info on how to check.
|Plan Features||Faculty and Staff Accounts
|HD Video Conference||12 Video Feeds||12 Video Feeds|
|Meeting Participants||100 Participants||25 Participants**|
|Open "Hostless" Meetings||Available||Not Available|
|Webinar Mode||100 Participants||25 Participants|
* Including Video Conference
|Host Delegate||Up to 2 other Fuze users can start and run the original Host’s meetings||Not Available|
|Fuze Cloud Storage||10 GB||1 GB|
|Internet Calling (VoIP)||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|FREE Toll-audio (US)||Unlimited FREE Toll-audio (US)||Unlimited FREE Toll-audio (US)|
|Toll-free and Call-Me Audio Minutes||500 minutes/month*||Not Available|
|International Audio Minutes||Applicable Rates||Not Available|
* Review the Possible Charges for Audio Connection options section of the Fuze Policies & Guidelines page for details on the potential costs.
** There are situations when a Student may need to host larger online collaboration sessions as part of his/her academic degree requirements, graduate assistant activities, etc. Faculty and Staff can Sponsor a Student and request an Enterprise Fuze account on the student's behalf. Review the Fuze Policies & Guidelines page for more information.
The best way to be successful when using Fuze is to do a little training, testing, and preparation. Fuze provides different types of training to meet different users' needs:
- Start with Fuze's Customer Success resources.
Video tutorials and instructions for both you and your attendees:
- Visit Fuze's Getting Started site.
Tutorials to learn how to connect, collaborate, attend meetings and become a presenter.
Any SLU user can contact Fuze's Support Team directly for assistance using any of the following methods:
International callers: +1-415-692-4800
|hours:||Fuze's Live Support is available 24 hours a day, Monday through Friday|
|web:||Submit and track your questions through Fuze's online ticketing system.
Click here to submit a ticket to Fuze's Support Team
Release History: https://support.fuze.com/hc/en-us/sections/200341327-Release-Notes
Report Technical Issues Directly to Fuze Support
If you are experiencing technical issues with Fuze, you can report the issue directly to Fuze Support. The best way to do this is to use the “Send Feedback” option in the Fuze client to send the logs on your device to Fuze Support.
- Expand the menu in the bottom-left corner of the Fuze welcome screen.
- Click 'Send Feedback.'
- Enter your email address, select an applicable subject for your issue, and enter any details about the issue.
- Click the 'Send' button to submit your issue report to Fuze.
To request SLU ITS support with Fuze
- Please contact the IT Service Desk at 314-977-4000 or visit the IT Service Desk page for a complete listing of service desk locations and hours.
Learn More about Fuze:
Updated: 6/07/2016 TCR