The faculty in Saint Louis University’s Department of Women’s and Gender Studies are
leading scholars in their fields. Their research includes topics such as the philosophy
of feminism, women’s quest for citizenship rights and the battered women’s movement
in St. Louis.
- Penny Weiss, Ph.D., department chair
- Gretchen Arnold, Ph.D.
- Amanda Izzo, Ph.D.
- Robert Strikwerda, Ph.D.
- Claudia Karagoz, Ph.D.
- Elena Dalla Torre, Ph.D.
- Elisabeth Perry, Ph.D., emerita
Faculty with secondary appointments in the Department of Women's and Gender Studies
serve three-year terms and are able to renew their appointments. Faculty are selected
based on their teaching, scholarship and commitment to students and the department.
- Toby Benis, Ph.D. (Department of English)
- Maria Cardona, Ph.D. (Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures)
- Ellen Crowell, Ph.D. (Department of English)
- Ruth Evans, Ph.D. (Department of English)
- Noelle Fearn, Ph.D. (College for Public Health and Social Justice)
- Lorri Glover, Ph.D. (Department of History)
- Colleen McCluskey, Ph.D. (Department of Philosophy)
- Marcia McCormick, J.D. (Law School)
- Wynne Moskop, Ph.D. (Department of Political Science)
- Julie Rubio, Ph.D. (Department of Theological Studies)
- Angela Smart, Ph.D. (Department of Languages, Literatures and Cultures)
- Susan Tebb, Ph.D. (School of Social Work)
- Sabrina Tyuse, Ph.D. (School of Social Work)
- Constance Wagner, J.D. (Law School)